Thursday, July 1, 2010

Grow a Pair

I can't take it anymore, fellas.

The overly polished. The perfect color coordination. The androgyny. What in the hell happened to the American gentleman?

Looking nice is important. So is owning well-made clothing. But as Americans, we need to put the man back in gentleman. That doesn't mean chest bumping is back in. Neither are rounds of Jaeger bombs.
We're not bros, we're gentleman.
But we have to do something to fight these emasculating trends in high fashion.

Forget to wash your hair. Wear that oxford wrinkled and half tucked in. I don't care. But if I see one more hairless Aryan walking around in pastels and thick-framed glasses I'm gonna lose my freaking cool.
I'm guilty. I've done it. I bought the ideas that the inexorable gods of fashion shoved down my throat. But we're Americans. We're supposed to be a little grundge. A little undone. It's who we are.

Go out and get your hands dirty. Sweat. Order a whiskey. Loosen your collar. But at the end of the day,  pick up the check and hold the door. You're still a gentleman.

Please observe the badass-ness of Paul Newman. American fashion icon and total ladies' man.  We gotta bring this back. That is, if you're man enough.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Maker's Mark, Neat."